Sunday, March 1, 2009

Past Favorite Things

First, let me say that I do not get paid by anyone for recommending these products--although I certainly wish I did! I just decided that since my friends seemed to like hearing what I liked that I should share the love with a wider audience.

November 2006 Favorite Things
Nordstrom Bra Fitting - FREE - did you know that most women in America wear the wrong size bra? There is no reason for that when you can go to Nordstrom's and find our your correct size for free.
  • Zingo game - Bingo for the younger set with pictures and words. My kids loved it when they were younger.
  • Kids on Stage game - Charades for the younger set. It's alot of fun when the whole family can act out their card thanks to pictures that tell even the youngest player what they are acting out.
  • Shout Color Catcher sheets for the washing machine - I can't live without these. They have simplified my life because I can do less loads by mixing whites/colors--yes, that is what I said--mixing is allowed now because these sheets that you put in your washing trap any dye that escapes from your clothing.
  • 9 Nested Glass Mixing Bowls - This is one of the first gifts my husband ever gave me and I use them constantly. He got ours at Williams Sonoma.
  • Spatula Spreader from Cutco. It's kind of expensive but I use this almost daily. You can make a peanut butter sandwich and then cut the crusts off with the cutting edge. I also use it to spread frosting and serve pies, brownies, cakes, etc.
  • Shu Uemura eyelash curler - makes your lashes look longer and this is the best curler out there
  • Origins Shedonism Shaving Mousse - I have incredibly dry skin so shaving my legs was torture until I found this product. Extremely moisturing and smells really good too
  • Tyler Candles - I love their kitchen scents - Sugar Cookie, Butter Vanilla, Cinnabuns. Your family will thing you've been baking all day.
  • Marye-Kelley Picture Frames - this artist lives in Houston, TX and makes the most beautiful decopage picture frames. They say things like "The Boys", "The Ranch", etc. She can also do custom orders. Find her work online at marye-kelley.com if you are not in Houston.
  • Ncolephotography.com - My beautiful friend Nicole is a photographer located in the Katy, TX area. She does weddings but she also does the most amazing children's photographs. Her photos are the ones I cherish most.

Okay--those are my picks from three years ago. Later this week I will post last year's picks. I'm speaking to the MOPS group on March 10th so you will have to wait till after then to see this year's picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment